ANTENATAL CARE: Miscarriage
“Afo mu!” Mama Nkechi screamed while she tried to raise herself to a chair and into a sitting position.
“Afo mu… Who is there?”
“Who is…” She collapsed unto the floor and began panting heavily.
She gazed at her phone, which was placed on a table far within arm’s reach.
Her experience in the Army was useless at the moment. Searing pain surged through her spine.
“It’s almost close of work” She thought, ” My husband should be back home…”
The door creaked open.
“Gladys!” Mr. James screamed immediately after he saw his wife on the floor.
He rushed over and tried to help her up amidst his what? how? and when? ejaculations.
He couldn’t hold back his tears as he sighted the blood on the floor.
Mrs. Gladys just had a miscarriage.
According to webmd.com, most miscarriages are caused by genetic abnormalities in the fetus. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to prevent miscarriages caused by genetic abnormalities.
However, genetic abnormalities are not the cause of most miscarriages.
A healthy lifestyle before and during pregnancy will benefit the family.
How can one prevent miscarriage?
1. Avoid radiation and toxins like formaldehyde, ethylene oxide, etc.
2. Take special care to keep your abdomen safe while pregnant. Avoid sports that carry a higher risk for injury, and always wear your seat belt.
3. Ask your doctor or a pharmacist before taking any medication, including over-the-counter drugs. Furthermore, inquire about the side effects of most treatments before receiving them during pregnancy.
4. Avoid environmental hazards such as X-rays and infectious diseases.
Finally, seeking to discover and treat any health conditions you have before you try to conceive can guarantee a healthy baby.
Visit the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in UNTH and take advantage of professional care.
Our Lastest Posts
- UNTH COMMISSIONS FILLING STATION
- UNTH FOUNDATION DONATES WASTE BINS TO UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL, ITUKU/OZALLA, ENUGU
NOTICE OF AN UNIDENTIFIED PATIENT IN UNTH,
- Why Does Nursing Transcend A Simple Profession?
- SISTERS FELLOWSHIP INTERNATIONAL DONATES HOSPITAL APPARATUS TO UNTH