World Continence Week Commemoration In UNTH
World Continence Week is a week set aside across the globe to raise awareness on Continence and improve knowledge of Continence.
It equally encourages a multidisciplinary approach to the management of incontinence.
Urinary Incontinence can impact our lives in a lot of ways and the events during World Continence week aims to encourage those living with incontinence to seek help so they no longer have to suffer in silence.
It is usually held on the 3rd week of June every year. This year is from 20th to 26th June.
This year, the Department of Physiotherapy(Pelvic and Women’s Health Unit UNTH in collaboration with the Department of Obstetric and Gynaecology (Urogynaecology unit), commemorated The Continence week with the following programmes:
• Radio programmes on Urban and Correct FM on Friday 24th June.
• Seminar for the hospital community with the theme “Wellness without Wetness” on Thursday 30th June.
The CMAC, Dr. Ugwu Emmanuel Valentine who is also a Urogynaecologist, flagged off the event on behalf of the CMD who was unavoidably absent.
Here are a few pictures of the event
It was a remarkable week.
Tap on this link to view the World Continence Week 2022 Photo Gallery.
Our Lastest Posts
- SISTERS FELLOWSHIP INTERNATIONAL DONATES HOSPITAL APPARATUS TO UNTH
- UNTH Management Trains Staff On Quality Improvement
- UNTH Commissions Ultra-modern Diagnostic Facilities In The Department Of Radiology
- The FG/WHO National New Vaccine Surveillance Team Visits UNTH Ituku -Ozalla
- World Continence Week Commemoration In UNTH