The Pharmacy Department of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) was rated as one of the best in the federation by the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN) in June 2010.
We aim to deliver efficient service and ensure the comfort of our patients.
The department is made up of the following units;
- Administrative Pharmacy Block
- Accident and Emergency (Casualty) Pharmacy
- Children and Out Patients (CHOP) Pharmacy
- Compounding Unit
- Medical Out Patient (MOP) Pharmacy
- Dermatology and Ear, Nose and Throat (Skin/ENT) Pharmacy
- Drug Information Center
- General Out Patient (GOPD) Pharmacy
- HIV/Special Clinic Pharmacy
- In-patient Medical Pharmacy
- In-patient Surgical Pharmacy
- Intensive care/Cardiothoracic Unit (ICU/CTU) Pharmacy
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) Pharmacy
- Oncology Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Main Stores
- Pharmacy Sub-store I (Injections and Surgical consumables)
- Pharmacy Sub-store II (non-parenteral dosage forms)
- Quality Control Unit
- Theatre Pharmacy
- Unit Dose Dispensing System (UDDS) Pilot Scheme
There are also Pharmacies in the three UNTH out stations viz:
- Community Health Center, Abagana (Anambra State)
- Community Health Center, Obukpa (Enugu State)
- Community Health Center, Isuochi (Abia State)
All Pharmacies and Pharmacy stores or sub stores are manned by qualified and competent Pharmacists. Thirteen Pharmacy outlets are conveniently located in close proximity to different clinics and wards.
We cover all pharmaceutical services relating to patient care:
- Clinical assessment of prescription and costing
- Dispensing of medicine and sundries
- Patient counseling on medicine, medicine use and other related matters
There is also a drug information service available to the institution and the general public.