NEW C(MAC) APPOINTED FOR UNTH
Story by Mrs. Angela Oriaku with additional reports by Patrick Okoruwa.
PR Unit, UNTH.
The Federal Ministry of Health has approved the appointment of Professor Joy Nkiru Eze as the substantive Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee, (C-MAC), of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku/Ozalla, Enugu.
In a circular signed by the hospital’s Chief Public Relations Officer, Mr. Boniface Ejikeme Uchelue, the news about this well-deserved appointment was made available to UNTH community on Thursday February I, 2024.
Joy Nkiru Eze is a Professor of Paediatrics/Paediatric Pulmonologist in the Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine and University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku/ Ozalla, Enugu.
She is a graduate of College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, (UNN), and a Fellow of the West African College of Physicians, (Faculty of Paediatrics). She also holds Masters Degrees in Public Health, and Human Physiology respectively.
She underwent a sub-specialty training in Paediatric Pulmonology at the University of Cape Town/Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa.
Professor Eze is very diligent and passionate about her profession and has served in various administrative capacities in the hospital:
– Former Vice-President of the Medical and Dental Consultant Association of Nigeria, (MDCAN), UNTH.
– Former Vice-President of the MDCAN UNTH Cooperative Society
– Member of the current Pan-African Thoracic Society (PATS) Executive representing Nigeria. She is also, a Faculty member in the PATS Methods in Epidemiologic, Clinical and Operations Research (PATS MECOR).
In recognition of her indelible contributions to the advancement of her profession, she has won several awards of the American Thoracic Society (ATS) MECOR for quality abstracts presented at the ATS Conferences.
She was also recently awarded Fellowship of the ATS for her outstanding contributions to Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine in Nigeria and the globe.
Prof. Eze is happily married and blessed with children.
Our Lastest Posts
- UNTH SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY CAPPING (matriculation): NEW STUDENTS RELISH EXPERIENCE
- NEW C(MAC) APPOINTED FOR UNTH
- Prof Dim Cyril hands over to Dr. Ikenna Nnabugwu as the new Director of Post Graduate Studies , College of Medicine
- Important Notice
- Breaking!! News!! Dr (Mrs) Loretta Uchenna Ozoemena Takes Over as The Ag Director of Administration, UNTH, Ituku/Ozalla, Enugu.